Friday 4 October 2019

Some Halloween Worthy Pick-ups!






I've picked up quite a few things recently that have been of a slightly spooky nature, so I thought as I'm a bit busy today, I'd just share a few pics of those! As always, remember to click the pics to make them bigger...

First up, I found a load of horror comics in a charity shop yesterday! £2.50 each...and most of them are old Alan Class comics! Alan Class Comics were mostly random collections of old reprints from various American sources, and were my first introduction to the wonderful world of 1950's horror and sci-fi publications.






Among the stories were quite a few early Marvel comic-strips, and a fair few by Stan Lee with art by Steve Ditko......





The DC comics in the bundle had a few interesting ads..one for a comic I've never seen in the wild (above) and this great Slim Jim Werewolf ad (below)....






Here's some pics of a full strip for you to read...The Man Who Saw Too Much!





I particularly like the odd Slender-man style insect weirdo on the cover of this issue of Sinister Tales below....sadly, if he's from an actual story I didn't notice it in my quick flick through the comic....




This werewolf I found in another charity shop for £1 is apparently a Dr.Who toy....I haven't seen the episode it's from though.




The werewolf is rather well articulated, perhaps a bit too well articulated! It's feet and hands bend in ways I'm pretty sure a real werewolf's wouldn't....then again, I've never actually met a genuine werewolf yet...




This next toy was a bit out of my usual price range at £12, but I couldn't pass it up when I saw it!




It's only the bloomin' Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in die-cast metal! I've been keeping him in the box, but he's even better out of it!



I finally picked up Resident Evil - The Darkside Chronicles on Wii, but as I'm planning on covering it (eventually) in the Gruesome Games, I won't go into much detail about it here...




Likewise with the Evil Within 2, but if it's as good as the first game I'm in for a treat! As you might have noticed from this pickup, I have managed to get an Xbox 1 since last year, so perhaps a few other horror titles on that system might be making appearances in Gruesome Games soon (okay, not perhaps...definitely..)




As a little bonus to finish up, here's a doodle below by the excellent artist Mike Ploog of his Werewolf By Night that I picked up a Comicon a few years back...I didn't find out until afterwards that he had also done a lot of work on Dark Crystal or I would have got him to draw something from that! Gutted! But also, not gutted because look at that werewolf! 





So there you go! Hope you enjoyed those!

Be sure to keep checking out everybody else's work on the countdown via the hub badge below, and as My Two Yen Worth gave me a special shoutout yesterday, let's return the favour! Click the name to hop straight over to a post about a certain smiley-faced chap who likes to torment bats! 





No comments:

Post a Comment