Tuesday 6 October 2020

Vintage Halloween Catalogues (Part 1)

 




I was nosing around on Pinterest today and discovered loads of scans of old Halloween Catalogues, something I'm not sure we ever got this side of the pond, but I hope to discover if we ever did!

These catalogues are filled with lots of cool old costumes and wacky halloween props, so I thought I'd share some here for the nostalgia of those who could get these catalogues, and for the interest of those of us who just love seeing the old costumes and items from back in the day! 

Click the pages for a better look....


First up, some Jack O' Lanterns from 1919


This is from Sears, 1928




Costumes from 1928

Loving the Felix costume!


1929

I would have loved the Cat Squawk and Witch Cry noisemakers from the above page! :D


1929

Can you still get crepe-paper decorations? I used to see loads of them at Halloween, but they seem to have fallen out of fashion...

1929

Check out that 'Dude' costume above...fancy!



1929

This is one of my favourite pages...who wouldn't want a mechanical paper cat! And look at the freakiness of some of those masks!! And check out the Lightning Wumpus!!! I want all of thes things!!!!



1929

Some pretty cool lanterns, but I'm more interested in the Halloween Fortune Wheel! Definitely something that sounds like perfect fodder for a horror story plot....


I found quite a few of these pages, so expect another catalogue post later in the month! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Don't forget to check out the othe bloggers taking part in the countdown by clicking the badge below, and check back here tomorrow for some more spooky shenanigans!





No comments:

Post a Comment