Saturday, 3 October 2026

Halloween Gift ideas 2026 (and a health update)

 


I thought I'd throw together a few Halloween items I discovered that you can buy in plenty time for the end of the month! They're a bit pricey, but they all seem fairly decent items if you have some cash to splash left over from last year's Trick-or-Treating!!


First up are these groovy sets of retro-style Halloween lights from Tru-Tone! Coming in four different varieties costing $30/£23 for each,these should give your haunt a suitably spooky atmosphere. 

You can find them along with some nice Christmas lights, by clicking HERE!







Next up is some nice retro Salt and Pepper pots from Johanna Parker and Vintage Halloween! These Cat and Ghost shakers can be yours for £19.15 / $26 and can be found HERE!



Next is this cushion cover from Nicole Cicak and West Elm, at a rather pricey £47.20 / $62.51, but it's cozy harvesty Halloween scene might make it all worth it! You can find it by clicking HERE!


At Home has a few cheaper options for Halloween, like this weird pumpkin for $4.99, and you can find a lot of other cool looking table top items for about the same price....



They also have a few higher priced items as well though, like this funky mist-spouting cauldron for $49.99! You can find the pumpkins and the cauldron, as well as loads more, by clicking HERE!







Sadly this last one, the Haunted House Light-Up 3-D Advent Calendar from Pottery Barn Kids, seems to be out of stock, but it might be worth keepingchecking their website to see if it reappears...but only if you have the money! 

It's about $100/ £75 and doesn't even come with any treats, only having the little drawers and compartments for you to stuff your own terrible treats inside, but I like the idea of it, if not the price...and because it's for Halloween you get 6 extra treats than you would in a normal advent calendar!!



*~*


Okay, so next here's a few paragraphs about my current health situation and general mini-moan about the state of my life right now....feel free to skip to the next bit if you have no interest in my personal affairs...but I'm just posting it to let you know that it may effect things going forward!



(Before Christmas Day 2025)


As hinted at the other day, the last year and a half has not been a great one for me or my family...in fact the last few years have not been great, with a series of family tragedies and losses, and the general state of the world right now also adding to the stress and worries. On top of all that though, we've also been dealing with a number of ongoing illnesses in the family too, with somone in particular dealing with some long standing alcoholic dependancy issues, that led to a caravan outside being burnt to the ground early Christmas morning last year...and the ongoing fallout from that has been another massive toll to deal with, stress-wise.  I'll maybe touch on this more once Halloween is over, but in the meantime take a look at he picture above, and then the the two below......But yes...And then my mother, brother and I have our own health issues, with my own personal health being affected by continuing dental issues, and a newly acquired bout of cellulitus in my right leg...


(after Christmas Day 2025)

(After Christmas Day 2025)


None of the doctors quite know what is causing this infection, but it has been a bad one, and I had to go for tests to rule out a blood clot, which made me have to wrestle with worries about my own mortality for a few days...but thankfully, everything came back fine from those tests. The infection lingered though, and so after a few rounds of more antibiotics, I've been prescribed steroids to put on the leg and have to go for more tests to rule out a vascular issue, and then maybe a fitting for a leg stocking to push fluid in my legs back up where it should be....

Needless to say, all of this, plus the upcoming anniversary of my nephew's death last year, may well have an effect on the blog over some of the days this month, but hopefully if I work at it, I can get enough posts ready to cover any days where I'm not able to put one together. 


*~*


Right, I'll be back tomorrow with another post hopefully, but in the meantime, head on over to the Countdown hub and check out what the other bloggers have for us today! Just click that badge below to get started....


1 comment:

  1. I love that bubbly cauldron and the Johanna Parker salt and pepper. Holy guacamole 🥑 That caravan burned right to the ground. What a tragedy. I hope nobody was injured. Sorry to hear about your ongoing health issues but glad tests didn't reveal anything more life threatening. Hoping you can get fixed up soon.

    ReplyDelete