Monday 7 October 2024

Halloween Postcards!

 


A hinged Pumpkin Card
This is a scanned version of the original image in Special Collections and Archives at Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vt.




I'm stll a bit headachey today, and so as usual when I need to do a quick post, here's a look at some random Halloween cards! This selection is quite nice though, as these are some I found hidden away in the Internet Archive, rather than from Pinterest...
















I think most of these either come from Middlebury College's collection or the Newburry Library collection......but yes, a fine bunch!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Be sure to head over to the Countdown Hub to check out what everybody else is up to today by clicking the badge below...or you could start by clicking straight through to Garage Sale Finds who has some serious cereal spookiness to check out today!




8 comments:

  1. That last cards got a wee bit of a Scottish accent

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are simply gorgeous. I wish they carried on the tradition, but we rarely if ever see Halloween greeting cards here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I keep saying every year we should bring them back. Maybe we should just do it ourselves!?

      Delete
  3. Fun blog and a fabulous post of vintage postcards! I remember bobbing for apples at our school's Halloween Party when I was a kid a million years ago. Thanks for popping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks to you for popping by mine! Glad you like it

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, I was glad when I found them... I was like "horned pumpkins and poetic cabbages? I'm here for it! " .... lol

      Delete