Sunday 13 October 2024

Bizarre Beasties Are Back In The Bear Yo-Yos!

 



So a couple of years ago, I posted about a certain fruit product that has collectible trading cards free with them, and how they had asked kids to send in drawings of bizarre beasties that their artists would then re-draw, trying to maintain the same design.....

Well, Bear Snacks are doing it again and have another set of nine cards designed by kids! Before we get to those though, I thought  I'd show some of their regular cards so you get an idea of what those are like too!




As you can see, their latest set includes everything from dinosaurs to mytical beasts, which is a bit different from the last set that were all natural creatures apart from the kid's drawings....




On the back of each card, they have a little activity for kids to do or questions or facts relating to the creature on the front of the card. Which is pretty cool...especially when it comes with a tasty all-natural fruity treat too!




Some nice lesser-seen mythical beasts in that last batch, and this next lot all reside in the forest!



So that is what the normal cards are like, but the main point of the post was to show the latest kiddie creations, so lets get on with that...first, we'll take a look at the re-imaginings.....



..and then here are the original designs, which yet again, I like a bit better!




And here's some more......





I like the weird donut-thing, Custy, but I reckon my favourite is SlimeODuck!





Which ones are your faves from this set's creepy creatures? Let me know in the comments below....


I don't have the full set yet unfortunately...still missing No.6!  But a quick search shows that the one I'm missing is this one....



So I'll need to keep munching away at the fruit yo-yos until I get this in my pack!  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed checking these out....be sure to go and see what everyone else has been posting by clicking the badge below to go to the Countdown To Halloween hub, or you could go straight over to The Manhole Cover where Cheeks Dabelly seems to be being haunted by Vincent Price, which makes a change from old Vinny lurking around here!

* ~ *























3 comments:

  1. Love these. Don't think we have anything like this in England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, and I just saw it's a UK site. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... no problem...Yeah, I'm up in Scotland. As far as I know Bear stock their stuff in all the main supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, etc,) but they tend to be in the healthy foods section and not next to all the sweets where they should be!

      Delete