Tuesday 12 October 2021

My Halloween Decorations (Part 2)




 Hello again! Sorry for the no-show yesterday, but I was dealing with some family drama....normal service as now resumed though, and so here is another quick look at some of the stuff I'll be scattering around the place to spook it up this Halloween!

First up are these Skeleton ash trays....I'm no longer a smoker, but these things are cool to just have around as scary display pieces! A lovely 'Ashes to ashes' phrase adorns them both, as you can see....









Next is a combo piece I threw together while still a kid, many moons ago! It consists of one of my mum's old candlesticks and a mer-man type fish face creature's head that glows in the dark! 






You can see how I basically just rammed it on to the candlestick...it started to split years ago, but hasn't progressed any in about 20 years, so hopefully it'll last for quite a while yet!





Speaking of candlesticks, what's Halloween without a candle stuck in a skull!? Here's one that I've had since I was a teenager...and since then I've been trying to work out if it's a giant skull with tiny human skulls round the side, or a normal sized skull with tiny pixie skulls round the side! I need answers, dammit!







And last for today is someone a lot of you will be familiar with....it's the OG Cryptkeeper himself!
I'm not sure if this toy was ever on general sale in the UK, but my mum picked this one up for me at a Sunday market for around a tenner, years ago! My brother got one as well, but his was kitted out in a desert island outfit!







He actually talks, saying a few phrases from the show...or at least did....I tried him today and he seems to have lost his voice! I'll need to see if he is broken or just needs some new batteries. Also, I find it a bit odd that despite the toy obviously being the Cryptkeeper from Tales from the Crypt, it's actually a Tales from the Cryptkeeper branded toy...that of course being the cartoon for kids that featured a slightly less creepy looking Cryptkeeper!


Also, gotta love the attention to detail on the body....if you roll up his trouser legs you can see wounds....which are probably there because some outfits, like the one on my brother's toy, include shorts! 




But yes...there will be lots more stuff to show later in the month. But for now, lets get BACK to seeing what the other Cryptkeepers are up to by going to the Countdown to Halloween hub. Just click on the old dead head's behind to see what those boils and ghouls have been doing, and return here tomorrow for another post!





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stuff. That Crypt Keeper is a gem! Such a great piece to own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one of my favourite things that I own! ๐Ÿ˜ One of my nephews was terrified of him as a kid as well…very understandably…but I still torment him about it whenever I see him! ๐Ÿ˜†

      Delete
  2. I rather like the ashtrays - they look handy as a receptacle for all kinds of little stuff - paperclips, rubber band, toenails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I actually had to unload a bunch of paper clips from one of them to take the pictures….๐Ÿ˜„ Don’t store my toenails in them though..well, at least, not on purpose….

      Delete