Wednesday 19 October 2022

Back, but not better!

 Hi everyone! I thought I’d get back to posting some stuff tomorrow for the Countdown, but before I do, just a quick update on the whole health situation.

So when I stopped posting last week I visited the doctor who had prescribed some new antibiotics to try and stop this ongoing chest infection. She also helped put my mind at ease regarding a few other issues that had cropped up (like needing the loo every 20 minutes) as part of having the infection.

The main concern continued to be the ongoing cough, so we had hoped the antibiotics would help and arranged a chest x-ray for this week just to have a look and see how things are going.

After one day of the antibiotics, I got a bit of toothache, but put it down to the drugs maybe affecting a bad tooth with their antibiotic magic. By the second day, I realised the pain was actually in my jaw, right at the joint. A quick check online showed this to be one of the serious side effects that can happen with these antibiotics, so after a call to another doctor, we decided it would be best to stop the new course and just see what the X-ray shows this Friday.

In the meantime I just have to put up with coughing all the time and the sore throat, night sweats and everything else…which is grinding me down a bit, but it is what it is…

I would like to thank everyone though for the well wishes. It means a lot, and does help me get through it, so truly, thank you!

 But yes, I’m going to attempt to distract myself with posting some more stuff for the countdown…maybe not what I intentionally planned at the start, but something at least! So pop back tomorrow for that and in the meantime click the Cryptkeeper badges to head over to the hub to see what everyone else has been up to!

1 comment: