Monday 20 February 2017

Pick-Ups - Last Few Months....(part 2)


Blimey! It's tomorrow today already! So let's get straight back into looking at the next set of pick-ups! 


First today are these The Real Ghostbusters comics from Marvel UK, to add to my already sizable collection from when I was 12 and used to have the comic ordered at the shop down the road! The stories in these ranged from okay to terrible, with more terrible ones towards the end of its run. The best bits were the text stories and, of course, Spengler's Spirit Guide...which was a page supposedly written by Egon about the various entities the Ghostbusters would come up against in their adventures. I'll probably look at the comic in a bit more depth in a later blog post, when I get round to shifting my collection into boxes! But yeah, these were about 50p each....





Some PS2 games next, and these ones are a bit of a mixed bag...all picked up for about £1 or £2...




Impossible Mission is a version of the classic C64 game that includes a few upgraded graphics, although you can play it in the original style if you like...and you probably will, as there's little difference really! Anyway, it's alright, but ultimately pointless if you have the original...

 Final Fantasy VII - Dirge Of Cerberus  is a third-person shooter set three years after the events of FFVII, and I have yet to play it properly despite wanting it for ages! I played it briefly and it seems a little odd control wise, but I'm sure I'll be able to work it all out after a while...





Sub Rebellion is a submarine-based shoot-em-up, and is actually quite interesting and a bit different to the usual shooty-fare! Definitely almost a bit of a hidden gem, but not quite worthy of that status....maybe it's a hidden shiny-pebble!




Legion - The Legend Of Excalibur is a real time strategy / action RPG game, that I only picked up at the weekend, so again have had little time to actually play it yet. First impressions are that the voice acting seems a bit iffy, and that although gameplay seems to be okay, it probably isn't going to hold my interest for long enough to give the game much time...might be wrong though...we'll see...





Downforce is a slightly-futuristic, arcade style F1 racing game, and a reasonably decent one! There's not really much more to say about it other than it does what it sets out to do, and is a fair amount of fun...






For Christmas, one of the presents I got from my mum was this Madball annual/comic combo! It seems that the annual features reprints of the first two issues, and the comic is Issue 3...a fact that my mother was unaware of! She was also unaware that I already had the Marvel UK reprint of issue 4, meaning that I now have the full first four issues in readable print! How's that for Deadpan Flooky-ness!? 




It's pretty cool being able to read the supposed origin of the Madballs, as I love the toys! I'll need to remember to put up some pics of my collection of those at some point on here too....








Some DVD pick-ups now, and I've yet to watch any of these, although I have seen parts of Babycart in it's mashed up Shogun Assassin version, which was made famous by Tarantino in Kill Bill! That collection was a charity shop find for £2.50! 

Triangle is a film that I saw the trailer for years ago and have been looking forward to watching ever since, but suddenly finding it extremely hard to find...I finally found it in a charity shop for £1 a week or so ago, and will most likely be watching it tonight!

 (And yes, that is Angel from Home & Away in the starring role!)







Next pick-up....a Fighting Fantasy Gamebook called Armies of Death to add to my gamebook collection! Haven't played it yet, but apparently it's a bit different in that you and your army have attributes for combat.... 



Lastly for today's post are some Minecraft books, the first being a straightforward Strategy Guide.....



The other one is a bit more interesting...It's the 2017 Official Minecraft Annual, which was on sale in Poundland for, yes..a pound!


It's filled with lot's of tips from Youtubers on how to build things, ideas for challenges and information about various Minecraft stuff, including how it's helping to improve slum areas around the world with it's Block by Block programme...





But yes, that's enough for now....I reckon I should fit the rest into one final post tomorrow! Pop back then to see my last lot of stuffs and things!
























4 comments:

  1. Triangle was on the Horror channel a few months ago. I thought it was a really good b-movie. The next time I was in HMV I spotted it on bluray for a fiver. Bargain :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not watched it yet...decided to play Resident Evil on PS1 instead! Probably save it for a watch at the weekend... :)

      Delete
  2. I had a few of the Real Ghostbusters annuals as a kid and recall enjoying them.

    Dirge of Cerberus is alright too. It's nothing amazing and certainly feels like an FFVII extension too far (they really shoould have just stopped!) but you can do a lot worse for a third-person shooter. My apathy might be the result of paying full price for the game on release though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some of The Real Ghostbusters stuff is cool, especially the cartoon and toys...but the comic just got progressively worse as it went on...

      I'll be interested to see how long Dirge keeps my attention once I start playing it properly. Really liked FFVII so it might get extra points for telling me a bit more about the characters! :)

      Delete