Friday 5 January 2018

The Backlog Of Pickups ( Part 2 )






Okay, this next lot of pick-ups are all comic based, so I'll just let you take a nosy at some of the pages!

A Sparky Book and a Beryl The Peril annual are the first items......




Here's some Sparky pages....




There's lots of odd drawings with these Schmooks characters like the one you can see below..







The cover of Sparky is quite shocking actually, as Thingummy Blob is about to be fed to the lions while a load of Sparky characters look on anxiously....and some of the other audience members look far too happy about this fact!




Here's some pages from the Beryl Book....








Got these Whizzer & Chips, and Nipper comics for 35p each!




I really want oddly flavoured old crisps now because of this old KP Skips ad....(also, there will be more about the KP Skips Clumsy Colin character in a blog post soon! )







Unfortunately, the Nipper cover just ripped when i opened it up, as it was stuck down with something.....still, it was interesting reading it again and remembering characters I had completely forgotten about like Kelpie's Kingdom and Felix The Pussycat....





Next up are more Cheeky comics, which as usual were a pound each from a bookshop in Edinburgh....



I like the fact that most of the Cheekys still have the posters intact.....







And I miss things like this Disney pull-out section..........











Which I'd got all of these supplements....I could use these moves the next time I'm out dancing! 





Despite this next couple not really being my kind of comic, I thought I'd pick them up anyway as they were only 50p each....




Bullet is filled with 70's manliness.....








And Spike has the very 80's Mantracker....




And L Cars, which originally appeared in Sparky, gets a rebranding as Krazy Kops!






And lastly for today, a couple of Whoopee! comics, also 50p each......




My favourite bit is of the first one is of course, the Shiver section, which comes from Shiver and Shake, another comic which joined up with Whoopee....




Love World-Wide Weirdies too, by Faceache artist Ken Reid....




Here's a few pages from the later issue to finish up.......I really want a CGL George! Wonder if I'll find one of those in any charity shops.....








Still loads more pick-ups to come, and loads more comics among them, so I'll be back soon with more! Later Stuffers....






No comments:

Post a Comment