Saturday 1 October 2022

Countdown To Halloween 2022 - Curse Of The Blog!

 


And so it begins again! Another year, another Halloween countdown! And, as usual, as we approach our favourite holiday you can look forward to a full month of spooky posts about games, comics, films, ghosts, ghoulies and long-leggity beasties!

Also as usual, lots of other bloggers will also be taking part in the Countdown with their own ghoulishly groovy posts, and you can find links to all the participants by going to the Countdown To Halloween Hub, which you can do by clicking any of the Countdown badges you see on this page!

Another thing that seems to be becoming usual, is that as I started to prepare for this year's content, the Curse of the Blog reared its ugly head again. Regular readers will know that in previous years all sorts of ailments and illnesses, or other awkward annoyances, always seem to occur to me just as I'm starting things up...




This year it's a rather horrendous chest infection, requiring a course of antibiotics that leave a horrible meatallic taste in my mouth. More than a full week of coughing every few minutes is what I've endured so far, and it's kinda wearing me down...

And then just as that was taking hold, a letter pops through the door with an ominous Edinburgh Sheriff Court header...nope, I'm not being arrested for overuse of the '.' key, but instead getting called up for jury duty again! It was over Halloween the last time I got called up in 2018 too! This time, it's right at the end of the month, so hopefully it won't impact things to much if I struggle through and prepare things beforehand. And that's even if I can stop coughing enough to be able to attend without disrupting proceedings....

Anyway, hopefully I'll still be able to keep up and post something every day. If I don't manage, there's plenty of other ooky offerings from the other bloggers to peruse! Go on, click one of those badges and join in with the rest of us as we count the minutes to Halloween midnight! I'll be back tomorrow with the first proper post....a trip to the dungeons of the Digital Comic Museum once again to see what we can find! See you then stuffers!




7 comments:

  1. Gosh I hope you are feeling better and that jury duty does not cramp your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully these anti-biotics will sort me out....

      Delete
  2. Well wishes for a healthy month ahead that isn't too legally binding. I will be eagerly (or is that Igorly) awaiting another post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes! Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has for us this year! :)

      Delete
  3. Get well soon. I often get a nasty cold or a fever round October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the colder months, while nicely spooky, are terrible for illnesses!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Joe! Feeling a bit less run down now, but still have the horrible cough...

    ReplyDelete