Friday 12 May 2017

New Pickups and Birthday Stuff (part 2)


Oh yeah! I totally forgot to post the 2nd lot of recent pick-ups! Here they are then, starting with the Pocky I got with some Birthday Cash!I like the Strawberry ones best..

And then there's this lot of PS2 games from various game and charity shops! 



ESPN International Track & Field is pretty much what you'd expect... a collection of various sporting events where you have to bash the correct buttons to participate...oh, and some ribbon twirling rhythm action...



Virtua Cop Elite Edition is both original Virtua Cop games with slightly enhanced graphics for the PS2. I'm a bit annoyed though, as I bought it thinking it would work with my original PS1 Guncom lightgun, like evry other PS2 lightgun game...but this requires the Guncom 2! Bah! Still, they're classic games..



Reign Of Fire is based on the movie of the same name, that I still haven't seen! Basically dragons have destroyed most of the world and you have to defend one of the last remaining human settlements against hordes of the flame spitting buggers as they try to toast you like marshmallows....It's pretty good fun, actually!


Guncom 2 does work with my gun, and is pretty standard shooty stuff...with loads of noise and screaming civilians to rescue from weird monsters! Feels very arcade-like! 


Evolution GT is a decent-ish racer, but a bit boring.....


And SSX On Tour is a groovy snowboarding game that probably needs no introduction....but i actually spent more time listening to the Jukebox mode than playing the game when I stuck it on to make sure it works! :)




Next up are these Cheeky comics I got from a bookshop in Edinburgh....





There's a couple of cool adverts in these too, like the Weetabix tent and the Quaver Protectors strips below...




Then there's this Minecraft annual, which is the first one I believe....it's got a few nice ideas for inspiration that I might use....





And here's some more comics that I picked up from charity shops....Cracker was a good find as it has a few characters in it that I'm unfamiliar with...and some I have very vague recollections of....




The Mighty World Of Marvel comic I was carrying around while the next Avengers movie was being filmed in Edinburgh, and I noticed a helicopter buzzing around overhead with what looked like a camera sticking out..So I had a little chuckle to myself that if there's any aerial shots of Edinburgh in the movie, I could potentially be a tiny dot with an Avengers-typecomic in that scene, and no-one will know but me...and now you lot..


And the Planet Of The Apes comic is pretty cool too, and has a nice feature on Roddy McDowall's make up!  





Another nice find was this Fortean Times Book Of Close Shaves And Amazing Luck, which tells about all sorts of narrow escapes and bizarre luckiness..


Another PS2 game I picked up was Freestyle Metal X, a MotoX game that's pretty decent....inside the box though, I also discovered a very scratched copy of  Smackdown - Shut Your Mouth, which I'm about to go check to see if it works....two for the price of one though, eh!




These cool Mario toys and keyring I picked up for £2.50 each in The Works...


And lastly, there's this Starblazer comic library-syle book, that has a rather odd story about a chap possessed by a benevolent alien entity that shares his head space, and some bizarre drawings of dolphin aliens.... 



So yeah, not a bad haul.....I should have enough for another pick-up post in, ooh...say...a month or so?




No comments:

Post a Comment