Thursday 31 October 2013

The Curse of the Blog! ( or "The Ranting Madman!" )


Okay, so I've joked lots of times before in the blog that I think it's cursed, as every time I try to get down to writing on it and tackling the Gruesome Games list, something will inevitably go wrong or happen to make it almost impossible for me to do so.....but lately, I'm actually beginning to wonder if it IS in fact cursed!!

At the start of last month when I decided to start preparing, my PC started acting up again, and then I had a massive problem with my 360 not letting me sign in to LIVE....I looked in to this sign in problem, and it was recommended that anyone suffering log in issues delete, then re-download, their Xbox LIVE profile....



Only, my joystick decided to slip just as I pressed the A button, and it clicked on the option to "Delete profile and all associated files".....which managed to make my Xbox delete all my game saves and progress from the last five years! Yes....ALL of it! 

All my Minecraft worlds.....Gone!
All my Red Dead Redemption data, including 5 passes in to Legend on multiplayer.....gone!
All my Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect and GTA progress....gone!  
Every created character, every unlocked item...every bloody thing except achievements....all gone!

Understandably, I was kind of fed up with games for a while after that, but I had hope that the latest version of a certain open world title that might involve stealing cars, would get me playing again, and help put me in a better mood!



So I buy GTAV and finish the campaign in three days in order to get ready to play online, and once I'd had a proper bash at that, get back to writing the blog! But of course, as soon as the blog popped in to my stream of thoughts, disaster approached! My visiting nephew accidentally knocked my 360 over, scratching my copy of GTAV and rendering it unplayable.....

Obviously, my mood was not the best yet again after that incident, but I managed to get a new copy after a few days and got back to playing online, which despite it's issues I enjoyed immensely. Trying to get my computer to work was the new problem that I faced, along with an annoying dose of hayfever, but as Halloween approached, thoughts of getting back to the blog and Gruesome Games once more entered my brain....



After posting the last couple of blog posts, I started preparing screenshots and videos for the next games on the list...after a few hours, I started to feel a bit run down and under the weather. I put it down to staying up too late, and so popped off to bed. 

Next day, I woke at 7.00am and urgently needed to rush to the loo for a wee....then again at 8, again at 9, 9.30...you get the picture! Yes.. just for thinking about the blog, I managed to pick up a urinary tract infection, which I'm still in the process of hopefully getting rid of! 

Well, that's what it seems like anyway...any bloody time I get ready to do this games list, I get ill, my PC knackers up or something else annoying happens....


So yeah, I'm hoping this little rant will negate the curse by my pointing it out or something....of course, it might make it bloody worse! Hmm...yeah, maybe Halloween wasn't the best time to mention it.....Anyway, more Gruesome Games soon! *Gulp!*

No comments:

Post a Comment