Sunday 1 October 2023

🎃Countdown To Halloween 2023🎃

 



Well, I don’t know about you guys, but for me it doesn’t seem like 12 months since the last time we were kicking off the countdown! This year has flew by for me, and I can’t quite believe the nights are already drawing in and we’re getting ready to spook thinks up as we head into the darker days!




Last year was obviously a bit of a crazy time for me during the Halloween season, as I had a particularly nasty chest infection….one that would go on to last until December and cause a few issues with a hernia I’ve had for years….and one that I still have now, and which they don’t want to operate on unless they have too, but other than that, so far ‘touch wood’, my medical issues this year are just the ones I’ve had for ages…

The Curse of the Blog has still managed to show it’s face though, this time once more in the form of technical issues. In the last week, as I prepared to get things ready for the blog, my laptop seems to have given up the ghost, a hard drive I had for my Xbox which allowed me to access hundreds of games on old retro systems has packed in and stopped working too, and in the last few hours my new Xbox Series S has started to get a random black screen anytime I go near the HD input cable…oh, and my tablet, the only piece of hardware I have left to put this blog together appears to have had a charge cable break a bit inside it, meaning I can only randomly charge it when it the old decides to work, and can’t put a new cable in…so everything is wonderful!! (Sarcasm)


In spite of all this, let’s give things a go….it is still my favourite season, and I’m going to give it my best shot to get things done! I’m also looking forward to seeing what everyone else has in store for us, and you check out their offerings too, by clicking the Cryptkeeper badges, either to the top right of the blog or at the end of this very post, which in time-honoured tradition will whisk you off to the Countdown hub, where you can find a list of all the participants!



Now that this catch up and intro-type post is out of the way, we’ll kick things off properly tomorrow, probably with a visit to the Digital Comic Museum to see what terrifying tale I can dig up…in the meantime, it just remains to wish everyone a very happy Countdown and frightfully freaky festive funtime!

See ya here tomorrow, stuffers! 





2 comments:

  1. Glad you are healthier! Here's to an awesome, SLOOOOW October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! Let’s have an amazing month!

      Delete