Friday 22 January 2021

Christmas Pick-ups 2020 ( Part 2 )

 


More Christmas pick-ups, and as you can see from above I managed to get a nice collection of Get Along Gang comics from an online charity auction! 

I used to be a bit obsessed with collecting the Get Along Gang toys when I was a lad, and can remember getting the first few issues of this comic when it started too! And now I have them again, as this lot has almost all of the first 22 or so....couple of issues missing I think!





I had totally forgotten about Top Dog, who also appears in the comics...he was a character from the same stable as Heathcliff The Cat, and apparently once had a run in with Spiderman...well, that Spidey was actually an actor in the suit, but Peter Parker did put in an appearance in that particular strip....



And above you can see another thing I completely forgot about, Jasmin The Little Japanese Princess, which is actually an English-language reprint of Nahomi, a strip that originally appeared in Belgian in Tintin magazine in the early 80s! The Get Along Gang comic seems an odd place to find that....



Next up is some obligatory Moomin merchandise....a fluffy Moomintroll, the first book in the series, some Moomin stickers and a video which isn't of my favourite Fuzzy-Felt style Moomin series, but the later Japanese animated series! I'd better keep an eye out for Hatti-fatteners trying to steal this lot.....




Some games next, and I treated myself to this lot...

Tak 2 is a pretty decent platformer, Strange Brigade is a groovy multi-player shooty-puzzley-multiplayer thingy from Rebellion, White Knight Chronicles is an RPG by Level 5 that was exclusive to PS3, Need For Speed - The Run is a rip-roaring race across the United States, Shellshock 2 - Blood Trails is a zombie-shooter sequel that isn't meant to be as good as it's non-zombie predecessor but it interested me enough to give it a look and Lord Of The Rings - War Of The North is a nice party-based romp through the world of Middle Earth! Here's a few trailers for some of the games....





I bought quite a lot of stickers for myself this Christmas, mainly so that although I knew what I was getting, I could keep some element of surprise by opening sealed packets!


And so these Skeleton Warriors stickers are the first lot that I bought blind. I never knew much about Skeleton Warriors back in the day, but got interested after I played the PS1 game for the blog a few years back!

You can also see some Cartoon Time stickers that came free with the Marvel comic of the same name, and which I had back in the day but stuck them somewhere and lost them, so thought I'd rebuy this set....and those puffy Mr. T stickers, which are based on the 'awesome' cartoon!

I'll leave you with the intro for that, and tell you that I'll be back some time after the weekend with part 3 of the pickups! Hope you enjoyed checking out this lot of stuff! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment