Tuesday 13 December 2016

Gruesome Gift Ideas - Affordable Toys



As promised here's a look at some creepy toys for Christmas that fall a bit more into a reasonable price range than my previous gift ideas!

First up are these rather odd collectable pets that are exactly the type of thing I would have wanted as a kid...well, they could do with being a wee bit even grosser, but I'd still want them!



The Ugglys can be picked up in packs of 8 for around a fiver, with various other packs available at different prices, some of which come with extra toys...like a dirty-dog washing van! There's also these weird farting and belching puppets in the vid below....


...which will cost you around a tenner! I thought these things had a sort of similar look to some toys I picked up in a charity shop a few weeks back, called the Trash Pack! There's a reason for that, as they're made by the same company....These toys come in little mini-bins and I also picked up a mini-toilet with 5 figures inside...here's what they look like...


These toys are apparently quite popular and have reached 7 different collectable series, with ones covered in sand, ones that change colour, ones that come in test-tubes, slime covered ones, etc...... and they range in price on ebay from 50p to £70 for some of the vehicles....which is quite annoying as I saw the Sewer Truck for a fiver in the same charity shop, and didn't get it, and that apparently sells for big bucks! 

Anyway, these are also nice for your little monsters to collect, and have spun off into another series called the Grossery Gang, which as you can probably guess, features more rancid food-type stuffs that you would find in a skip at the back of your local supermarket! But we've probably talked enough about these gross collectible thingies....I'll just mention that there are even cartoons based on the various toys that you can watch on Youtube, like this one below....




If you've got any young Frankensteins in the family, how about getting them this Eyeball Dissection Kit from John Adams...


You can get it from I Want One Of Those for £11.99, and similar prices at load of other online toy type places! It's part of a whole range of Gross Science products...




Hehe...Whilst looking for the videos for Gross Science, I also stumbled upon a video for another toy that John Adams distributes, Ideal's Silly Sausage...and thought...wow.......probably just as well that they disable comments on their videos......



...but then this level of dodgy is nothing new for Ideal, as we can see from this old ad for a dog that comes with a bone of his own! 


..but we're kinda going off on a weird non-spooky, non-gross toy tangent, so lets get back on track with a trio of Doctor Dreadful toys!!






Anyway, I'll leave you to find out the prices for those, as I'm still filled with lurgy and not up for typing much, as you can probably tell...and if I don't get this post up now, it'll be beyond the 13 days of Creepmas!

Hopefully next Creepmas I'll be on better form, but I've still had fun posting random Christmas creepery...and as always I'll probably continue with creepiness right up until Christmas itself, so check back in case I do more gift ideas, gruesome games and all the rest! We'll see how this lurgy goes.....

In the meantime, go check out the other bloggers and sites taking part in Creepmas and lose yourself in their spooky shenanigans! Laters, stuffers....

I'm a CREEP for The 13 Days of CREEPMAS




4 comments:

  1. The kids used to collect Trash Packs, but they outgrew that sort of thing by the time the Ugglys came out. I’m glad I’m not buying little collectables anymore, but the Ugglys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe...I'm nearly 40 and still haven't outgrown collectible toys....going to have to fight against collecting the Trash Pack figures after watching all the commercials! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey I am sam and I like this blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! Glad you like it! :)

      I'll be back posting more stuff soon, just need to scan some stuff in and get my writing head back on! Hehe...

      Delete