Friday 20 October 2017

The Eyes Of Horror!




A truly gruesome comic strip today, that will have you hunting high and low for the Optrex! 


An atomic scientist decides to go and work for the Russians, but their inferior safety standards lead to scenes such as you see above! (Not the Optrex...above that!)

As someone who suffers from a lot of sinus headaches, this one has got me slightly worried! Anyway, it appeared in Story Comics Mysterious Adventures 8 in June 1952, and we can thank 'Astrp3' for uploading the original scans to the Digital Comic Museum and a comic called Tales Too Terrible To Tell from 1992 (which I'll look at in my next Pick-Ups post) for pointing me towards the story! 

Enjoy!

( Pencils - Ed Goldfarb / Inks - Bob Baer )













2 comments:

  1. That is ... uh, quite the tale. Right or wrong, I bet it made a few people wary about radiation, that's for sure. 🐉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet it did! Might have had an effect on David Cronenberg too....seems quite similar to his early movies! :)

      Delete