Wednesday 21 October 2020

Making Horror Costumes and Disguises!



Today I thought I would give you a look at this cool old book I found in a charity shop a couple of years back, filled with lots of ideas for Halloween costumes! 

Making Horror Costumes and Disguises by Malcolm Carrick was originally released by Carousel Books way back when I was only 1 year old in 1978!






Get the glue, old plastic bags and paper mache ready! Just remember not to use superglue!




I’m sure your parents won’t mind you sticking toothpaste, talcum powder and all other sorts of messy products all over your head either....will wash right out once you’re done...probably...




Most of the big monsters are covered in the book, as you can see from this fang-face above!




Not quite sure how they expect the bats to “fly around you” when you move though? Maybe they expect us to have supernatural powers of our own to command pieces of cardboard?




The Werewolf would probably be my choice from the book...loving the illustrations!




I like how they went for the long faced werewolf too, and didn’t take the easy Wolfman style option!😁




Over 100 pages of costume ideas, and they throw in some bonus ones at the end for inspiration on creating even more! It's a great book....




I remember reading that Monsters of the Movies too back in the day, another great book! I'll need to look for that, although I suspect it probably fetches quite a price online these days....

But yeah, I love finding these old books. Reminds me of the old school book club and sending off for as many creepy books as I could. Pretty sure at least a couple of teachers were a bit concerned by my book choices, as they always tended to lean more towards the ghosts and monsters side of things! Hehe....

--------------------------------------


Pop back tomorrow as we creep ever closer to Halloween with another post, and be sure to check out the other bloggers taking part in the Countdown by clicking the badge below!


































2 comments:

  1. I would not have the patience or skills to create my own costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄 I wouldn't normally have the patience, but I find myself looking for things to do this year!

      Delete