Thursday 28 October 2021

My Halloween Decorations ( Part 4 )

 



I've been having some major internet issues, hence the no-show yesterday, but hopefully things have settled down now! So I'll need to do an extra post or two to make up for it over the weekend....in the meantime, here's the last of the things I'll be putting around the flat to create a Halloween-type atmosphere!

First up is my Frankenstein and Dracula Nut Crackers!





I've always found these things disturbing at Christmas, but these horror-themed ones seem less creepy than the normal soldiers! But at least I can put these on display without freaking myself out....




I've had these hanging lamp things for ages and they've actually been up for the last two years, as I've only recently been back in the flat long enough to consider taking them down once Halloween is over, after having stayed at the parents since the start of Lockdown....maybe I'll just keep them as a feature all the time now....




They're supposed to light up, but the batteries went ages ago and I havent bothered changing them. I'll need to find some of those tiny watch batteries and get them lit up again!




Next up is a rubber skeleton I've had for years! He's not very tall, but he looks pretty horrible for being a kid's toy.....






Speaking of horrible kids toys, next we have some Breath Blasters!




Had these since I was a lad too...and probably ingested some hideous poison gas from them, as these were supposedly banned because the gas they released as 'bad breath' was found to be harmful to humans! They still stink a bit, but it's more of old plastic than toxic nastiness these days!




Something a little less harmful now, with these Scooby Doo toys!







These all look like they must have came from some sort of Happy Meals deal or something...the vans don't do much of anything really, but the nicely decorated coffin makes Daphne and Velma's heads bob up and down as you wheel it along....





This next couple of characters have seen better days, and have been bashed around a bit in a toy box, even though they're not technically toys at all...





Nope, these guys are Fiendish Feet, and were actually yoghurt pots...but every kid who ever bought them probably used them as toys thanks to the wonderful design that gave them faces and little legs to stand on!






As an extra bonus, here's a commercial for these spookalichious snacks!





I think these next things also contained food, in the form of sweets, but I could be wrong...they come from the 1995 Casper movie....



I think they were filled with candy, but they also have these little ghost characters inside them too!



---------------------

I think that's all the decoraations I have for now, but I'll see if I can hunt out any others before the big day! In the meantime, go and check out what the other Cryptkeepers are up to in the Countdown To Halloween by clicking the badge below! 






6 comments:

  1. What a fun collection of spooky items. And I agree, that rubber skeleton is downright terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nutcrackers are a lot of fun but the poor little fiendish feet look like they have been through the wringer. I like the skull in the lantern. I think I will craft something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Looking forward to seeing your finished craftwork if you decide to do it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are great...I can't remember where I picked them up, but I think it was just a grocery store like Tesco or Asda/Walmart...

      Delete