Thursday 17 October 2024

Freaky Throwback Thursday!

 



Well last week, Erick, over at the Wonderful Wonderblog did a Thursday Throwback where he showed off some of the stuff he’s posted over the last 15 years of the Countdown, and I liked the idea of showing some newcomers stuff they might have missed, and the thought of reviving the Throwback Thursday, so much that I decided to do the same sort of thing this week! So thanks for the inspiration, Erick! 

Just click the links in the names of the posts to go visit them…..

First for my throwbacks, I thought I’d go back to my GeGeGe No Kitaro- Gruesome Game special! I had a lot of fun playing through the games for that one!





Next, lets take a look at how to improve the ‘Great Druidic Fire Festival’ of Halloween, with Marian McNeill’s ‘Keeping Halloween - How to Enhance the Festival’ from a 1937 copy of The Scotsman newspaper…




And how about going and rewatching one of the very first Cinema of Stuff offerings, the 1962 cult-classic, Carnival of Souls



And this visit to the Digital Comic Museum wasn’t even part of the Countdown, but really should have been, so lets remedy that right now and re-read ‘AIEEEEEE! The Teeth!’



And it wouldn’t be Halloween without Horror Stars Haunting My Youtube!


And lastly, lets take a look at my own personal ‘Big Border Cat-Dog’ Spook Sighting…..




* ~ *


That should be enough to be getting on with for now…..I hope you find something you missed first time around!  Be sure to go check out the other participants in the Countdown too by clicking the badge below!
And go have a look at their posts from previous years too! You never know what you might find….












No comments:

Post a Comment